Lawyer (m/f/d) for international arbitration
We are looking for a lawyer (m/f/d) for our international arbitration team in Hong Kong.
The main areas of our legal practice include:
- Representation of parties in international commercial arbitration proceedings (ICC, HKIAC, SIAC, KCAB, CIETAC, )
- Advising clients in pre-dispute considerations and strategy
- Supporting clients in settlement negotiations
- Enforcement of arbitral awards
- Support of partners in arbitrator cases (Tribunal Secretary)
- Litigation in support of international arbitration proceedings or in relation to international trade disputes
- Admission as a legal practitioner, preferably (but not a must) in a common law jurisdiction (such as Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand or Singapore) or dually-qualified in both a civil law and a common law jurisdiction
- At least 5 years PQE working in international arbitration, ideally in an international law firm
- Experience with drafting complex legal submissions for international arbitration proceedings
- Experience with both civil law and common law governed disputes
- Native or near-native English language skills, including in legal drafting
- Willingness to assume responsibility and promote our international arbitration practice
- Knowledge of additional languages, such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Korean, is an advantage but not a requirement.
What we offer:
- Transparent career progression with realistic promotion opportunities from senior associate to counsel and partner
- A true international arbitration practice where you will work on high-profile arbitration cases in a very international setup in a young, dynamic team
- Flexible and agile working (subject to agreement)
- Work-life balance
- Regular training, conference visits and advanced training
- International networking and close cooperation with the global CMS teams
- We offer attractive compensation packages including international leave entitlement and global private medical insurance.
- You will work in our CMS office in Hong Kong, a pulsating cosmopolitan and financial metropolis.
We are CMS
The CMS Dispute Resolution Practice Area Group consists of some 1,000 lawyers across 70 offices in over 40 countries. Our experienced, efficient international network supports companies whenever they are confronted with conflicts in their day-to-day business.
The focus of our very diverse team is on international arbitration and pre-disputes advice. We are involved in some of the most complex and interesting international disputes work in the Asia-Pacific region (and further afield), work closely with our global CMS network, and particularly with our German offices.
More on our Hong Kong office.
Are you interested? Please send us your application with all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, academic records) via our online application system.
We will not accept approaches from recruiters and kindly request that interested candidates apply directly.
Dr Mariel Dimsey / Dr Nicolas Wiegand
CMS Hasche Sigle, Hong Kong LLP
57/F, One Island East
18 Westlands Road
Die 3 aktuellsten Stellenanzeigen des Unternehmens