International Graduate Trainee (m/f/d)* – focus Law/ Legal Studies
Our International Graduate Trainee Programme will provide you with a thorough introduction of the diverse activities of a leading global reinsurer. It gives you the opportunity to advance your expertise and personal development.
Over a period of 24 months, including an international assignment, you will receive a profound grounding in professional, methodological and social skills, which will qualify you for assuming responsibility at Munich Re worldwide. We are looking for graduates who want to shape the future of our core business (re-insurance) together with us. If you enjoy working with innovative questions in a very dynamic and challenging environment we are looking forward to your application.
Our Trainee Programme has been certified as “Fair Trainee Program 2020” by Trendence.
- Exciting and varied work focusing on risk underwriting in the core business of Munich Re (e.g. drafting & negotiating (re)insurance contracts with clients, analyzing and assessing legal trends in the field of liability, assessing risks of large corporates and other companies based on legal exposures in the field of liability)
- Excellent learning opportunities and cross-functional first-hand experience in our global business units
- International assignment of three months to extend your intercultural experience
- Distinguished global learning programme, enabling you to acquire profound knowledge of our business and methods as well as to build up your soft skills
- Opportunity to quickly build up a broad network of industry experts within Munich Re
- Very good university degree and legal state examination or comparable degree in international law
- Practical work experience, ideally in the insurance/ financial industry, big data or risk management
- Knowledge in the area of liability, international product and environmental liability are an advantage, mathematical affinity a plus
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience abroad during your studies, practical training or work experience
- Communicative competence, empathy, and willingness to learn
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, fluency in another language is desirable
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please make sure to prepare your cover letter and CV in English. Click on the link to apply online - we are looking forward to getting to know you!